Submit Data to PANGAEA
Welcome to the PANGAEA data submission system. Any data from earth and life sciences are accepted. We highly appreciate you to archive and publish your data with PANGAEA.
When you start the data submission process, you will be redirected to the PANGAEA issue tracker that will assist you in providing metadata and uploading data files. Any communication with our editors will go through this issue tracker.
Please note: Due to the currently increased number of data submissions, archiving of data and minting of DOI names might be delayed. Please have in mind that all data and metadata are quality checked, harmonized, and processed for machine readability.
Before submitting your data you need to log in or sign up:
Benefits and Details
Benefits. Published data are fully citable and can be cross-referenced with journal articles – more...
- Long term preservation of data. PANGAEA is member of the World Data System (WDS) of the International Council for Science (ICSU).
- Quality assurance on metadata, such as citation, references, geo-location, and standard parameter vocabularies.
- Reliable identification and access with a DOI name for each data supplement.
- Pre-publication, password protected access to data supplements for journal editors in support to the peer-review process.
- Minimum formatting requirements from the authors.
- Direct communication with authors regarding changes to data and metadata, e.g. unit conversions, taxonomy updates.
- Open access to data in several widely accepted machine-readable formats.
- Creative Commons Attribution license which requires that author(s) are referenced if the data are reused.
- If you log in with your ORCID ID or add the ID to your PANGAEA user profile, authorship for your data publications is automatically assigned in ORCID.
Data preparation and quality control. We will be in direct contact with you during preparation and archiving of your data – more...
Costs. PANGAEA can be used free of charge. Nevertheless, we appreciate any possible financial support – more...